Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving at Home

The old familiar song..... "Back Home in Indiana" plays in my head everytime I cross the long bridge between Kentucky to Indiana. I have been here for several days and it has been hectic to say the least. 6 grand kids and 3 adults fill my life with smiles. Many old friends to call and try to fit into the schedule. My BFF in a nursing home in a close by town was smiling ear to ear to see me... She is 88 years old and still telling people of the love of Jesus. She was and still is my strongest prayer warrior and my best friend for over 40 years. She is also my son David's Grandmother. David did call Thanksgiving morning to say he was doing fine and they were all ok... He lives in Ohio with Nicole and 2 more of my grand kids, Little David and Ariane. I miss them so.........have not seen them in over 2 years. I am having such a great time being a grandma.... and getting so many hugs to keep me warm for the months ahead when I won't see them.... I am always torn between 2 states.... one where I live and one where the majority of those I love to be with live. The Lord guides me and I obey ....so for today "I am content in any state that I am in" Smile either Florida or Indiana..... rich or poor. My newest Grandson... Nathan is the sweetest little one and all the rest are just growing like weeds here. Thomas James does not get too far from me.... his Florida Grandma. I will close for today........... and pictures will follow once I get them on the computer. God Bless all of you........... and check out my grand daughter Alexis blog.... smile. The apple falls close to the tree ya know!!!!! And I have long branches.... Sister Pat online and cold....burr.....burr.... in Indiana

No comments: